Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our first commercial product harnesses the power of naturally-occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops. We are dedicated to providing new sustainable ways for farmers to improve yield as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on OneZero or CNN.
Position: Regulatory and Compliance Specialist, Preferred location: Berkeley, CA (location flexible)
Pivot Bio is seeking a Regulatory and Compliance Specialist to support permitting and compliance needs of Pivot Bio. The Specialist will conduct reviews and provide information/reports regarding biosafety, environmental and agronomic attributes of Pivot Bio microbes which will be foundational to decisions regarding regulatory, safety and compliance needs. In addition, this individual will be responsible for assisting efforts related to registration and compliance programs operating as an integral part of the Regulatory, Compliance and Product Stewardship Team.
- Research microbial strains in Pivot Bio’s pipeline and provide reports summarizing attributes.
- Implement a document management system for compliance and stewardship.
- Implementation of systems that track:
- Deadlines, permit expirations, facility updates and others as needed.
- Lead USDA permit acquisition and related compliance activities, including training of Pivot Bio personnel and CROs.
- Documentation and record maintenance (i.e. accurate compliance records).
- Lead compilation of data and write reports as necessary.
- With increased understanding of needs of Pivot Bio and regulatory/compliance, assist Regulatory, Compliance and Product Stewardship team broadly.
- Build internal and external relationships.
- Assist with international movement and permitting of microbes.
- 15% travel required for team and company meetings.
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in microbiology, plant pathology or related field with 3-5 years experience.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to prioritize multiple high-importance activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact across the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Team oriented
** Authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team