At C16 Biosciences, we believe that palm oil doesn’t have to be a problem. Our team is building a sustainable and environmentally-friendly alternative to “conflict palm oil,” which relies on tropical rainforest deforestation and emits over 1 billion tons of CO2 into the atmosphere every year. C16 Bio’s technology platform harnesses naturally-occurring biological processes, improved by the latest innovations in strain engineering, fermentation, and low-cost lipid extraction to produce a better kind of palm oil.
THE CHALLENGE C16 Biosciences is looking to launch our first products in 2021, featuring our proprietary fermented, eco-friendly alternative to palm oil. We’re seeking an experienced marketing professional to lead and own all aspects of the marketing plan for our first product launch and beyond into broader commercialization in future markets. Working closely with the CEO, you’ll answer questions such as: How should we describe our product and brand?To whom do C16’s product and ingredients most appeal?What messages, images, and experiences resonate with C16’s core customers?What should our distribution strategy be to ensure that we reach the right people?How should C16 approach marketing and brand execution to support its first product launch? THE OPPORTUNITY: This is a full-time, short-term (six-month to one-year) engagement.
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced and passionate marketing professional to make a lasting impact on the trajectory of a young, purpose-driven company. As we look to launch our first set of products, you’ll support the go-to-market by building a brand story, managing brand and communications strategy development and execution, identifying target customers, and ensuring all branding and marketing activities surrounding our first product launch forcefully communicate C16’s vision and mission of a palm-free, eco-friendly future. You’ll help define the company’s broader marketing and branding strategy, making sure the mission is heard by and resonates with relevant stakeholders. You’ll select partners, such as user research firms and outside agencies to help craft C16’s message, and you’ll have full responsibility to design the brand strategy and lead the execution of your vision.
- 5+ years of experience in brand strategy and marketing, preferably with agency experience
- Proven experiences in customer segmentation and qualitative user research
- Diverse experiences in marketing channels, including physical, online, and social media
- Experience leading teams and third-party partners to meet timely delivery of marketing and branding objectives
- Massive creativity and a desire to develop, brand, and name new product categories!
- Strong copywriting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in personal care and/or beauty
- Experience developing mission-driven marketing strategies
- Experience working in a start-up or first product commercialization context