Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and headquartered in Seattle, WA - we are seeking a gifted Senior Data Architect to help us design, build, and maintain the data-foundation that powers our warehouse and technologies that are central to Rad’s day-to-day operation, providing critical business value every day.
Our Senior Data Architect will be responsible for architecting and designing Rad’s data warehouse, business intelligence, and integrations to upstream systems. You will be in charge of designing the structure of new technology systems, overseeing the implementation of programs, and working with other development teams to achieve Rad’s overall goals. This role reports to our Director of Business Operations and Technology and is part of a cross-functional Technology department.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role leading and managing data warehouses with significant data volumes and complex retail datasets. Comfortable with architecting from scratch, using industry leading platforms to support rapidly changing business requirements and high growth
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of data engineers, data scientists, and ETL developers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous integration/deployments, testing, and operations
- Lead the design, analysis, and data architecture efforts for real-time services and big data platforms to solve complex business problems
- Define data standards for use across the RAD’s technology stack
- Assist in the transformation of high volume complex data structures into relevant information that can be used by Data Scientists, BI Analysts, and the business
- Expert in system architecture, functionality, and data flow as well as operations, processes, and tools. Leverage business and application knowledge to create flexible and robust data solutions
- Create and maintain a robust data dictionary and facilitate user adoption
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience with outstanding SQL skills
- Broad experience with Data Warehouse platforms including Google’s BigQuery, Snowflake, and integration technologies like Stitch, Fivetran, etc
- Broad Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as MS Power BI, Google’s Data Studio, Looker, Tableau
- Strong understanding of Dev Ops practices with a good understanding of AWS and Google Cloud infrastructure supporting data, data science
You get bonus points for:
- You get bonus points for:
- Data science architecture and implementation experience, working familiarity with open source software packages
- Python and other data science software languages
- Experience working in consumer retail, specifically with Shopify’s systems and API
- Experience with cloud-based ERPs (e.g. Oracle Netsuite) and Warehouse Management Systems (GraphQL, BigQuery, and Postgres)
- Open-source contributions and personal projects you’ve shipped successfully
- Project management experience
Had you been with us last month, the top things you would have impacted are:
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
- Developed business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Utilized and built out the data warehouse foundation and set up the pipes for data sources
- Managed the building of data and documentation across company wide systems
- Worked cross functionally with all teams, including Supply Chain, Customer Experience, etc. to capture and report on inventory data
- Evaluated the feasibility and effectiveness of proposed data solutions
- Designed schemas, optimized data transformation, and managed deployments and maintenance of the data pipeline
- Completed end-to-end administration and maintained tools, systems, pipelines, and ETLs
- Communicated designs, issues, and trade-offs to stakeholders, handled 3rd party vendors, and managed the relationships while troubleshooting high-level issues
- Helped develop the foundational data stores that power our internal/external web apps and reporting systems
At Rad we take our company values seriously. They are lived out into everything we do. Our RADICAL values really do frame what our expectations are for each and every team member. We are:
Responsible to our environment, community and teamAccountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedbackDiverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voiceInnovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are originalCustomer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our ridersApproachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to helpLearners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time we are not leveraging external 3rd party recruitment resources for this search. Should those needs change, we will seek your assistance directly.