Join a cleantech startup!
Help grow an electric vehicle charging network in Silicon Valley, CA!
Position: Sales Specialist
- Part-time, temporary position
- Hourly employee, 20 hrs/week
- 3-month position with possible extension
- Flexible hours- some weekends and evenings required
- Location: Remote/home office, San Francisco Bay Area required
- 50% work from home and 50% site visits
- $20 per hour + sales commission
Company Description: EVmatch (www.evmatch.com) is an early-stage startup that’s revolutionizing electric vehicle (EV) charging through a peer-to-peer charging network. EVmatch’s app-based service allows homeowners, businesses, and multi-family properties to rent out private charging stations and supports widespread EV adoption. EVmatch currently supports residential charging hosts and commercial charging hosts with integrated EV supply equipment (EVSE) nationwide. EVmatch’s software creates a two-sided digital marketplace that makes EV chargers profitable for building owners, and easily accessible by EV drivers.
On the commercial side of its platform, EVmatch sells EV charging hardware, software, and installation services to commercial property managers who are seeking the most affordable and flexible EV charging solution on the market. EVmatch is specifically focused on selling to multi-family residential property managers in the San Francisco Bay Area and supporting potential customers in applying for rebates through the CALeVIP program.
Position Description: This position is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable startup experience and learn about the emerging EV industry. The Sales Specialist will work closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager to conduct a sales campaign to recruit multi-unit dwellings (MUDs) in the San Francisco Bay Area to install EV charging equipment and use EVmatch software. The consultant will serve as the company’s local sales representative, researching potential customers and conducting in-person and phone sales. We're seeking a passionate individual to help pave the way to a more sustainable future.
Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and qualifying prospective multi-family residential and commercial site host leads
- Managing and maintaining a robust pipeline of leads
- Conducting phone and door-to-door sales
- Proactively calling new leads and maintaining a high level of outbound communication
- Identifying, initiating and nurturing relationships with prospects; demonstrating via online or in-person presentations, and closing deals over the phone, via email, and in-person
- Closing sales; converting prospective leads into paying customers
- Documenting account activity and client information
- Attending and exhibiting at community events
- Supporting customers throughout the onboarding process and serving as a local representative to provide in-person customer service as needed
- Collaborate with the product and marketing team to bring in market insights to inform new product development, pricing, and other business model decisions
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or work experience showing progressively increasing level of responsibility
- 2+ years of sales experience, ideally in solar energy, energy efficiency, EV charging, battery storage, or SaaS software
- Proven aptitude for generating leads and managing sales pipeline with a history of consistent over-quota achievement of sales goals and maintenance of customer loyalty over time
- Excellent presentation and verbal communications skills
- A professional business manner, positive energy, and team-oriented attitude
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Discipline to manage time effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience working remotely from team, with strong aptitude for self-managing
- Tech-savvy, including familiarity with CRMs, Google products, Slack, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of EV charging equipment and industry
- Basic understanding of electricity, electricity metering, and electric utility rate structures
To Apply: Follow instructions below and submit application no later than November 22nd, 2020 at 5pm Pacific Time:
- Send your resume and a cover letter as a single PDF file to William Truesdell, Sales and Marketing Manager at email@example.com
- Write “Sales Specialist Application” as the subject of your application email