The mission of the Business Development Manager is to educate Channel Partners and Customers on the 75F solution and deliver a consistently exceptional experience. You will own and grow our brand within your territory, helping us bring our planet-saving technology to the masses. A successful BDM will have a masterful knowledge of building owners and operators, and the various energy and operational needs they face, and the decision processes they utilize. Additional understanding of mechanical and electrical systems found in commercial buildings including heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting systems would be beneficial. This important mission requires a relentless drive yet a team player who fits our unique culture.
- Relentless lead generation and prospecting in order to evangelize and educate building owners and facility managers and other key decision-makers on the amazing benefit of our solution.
- Quality screening of provided leads via research and initial discussions with potential end customers and Channel Partners.
- Clean, professional and accurate proposals.
- Perfection in our order booking process, accuracy and consistency of data entry.
- Quick response to customer requests, quick turn-around of answers and proposals.
- Confident and expert demonstration of the 75F solution with ability to participate in multiple levels of technical sales discussions
The Person We Need Has:
- A love of, and alignment with, the 75F mission, virtues & values.
- An Extremely High Technical Aptitude… we are an extremely high- tech company!
- Experience and passion for commercial HVAC and building controls, including heating & cooling plants.
- A love of selling. You probably had the most profitable lemonade stand in the neighborhood when you were 8. When you weren’t sold out, you had a line down the street.
- Integrity. At all times and in all situations. No compromise here.
- A thirst for knowledge. You strongly believe that learning and growth never stops, and you seek it out.
- Enthusiasm & Passion
- Insanely good communication skills and a high level of professionalism.
- Relentless drive and unwavering will to win.
- Agility & Flexibility. Like a ninja. Only more agile and flexible.
And the following Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years selling HVAC and/or building controls, or energy-saving tools, to commercial real estate or multi-family markets
- Certified Energy Manager is a plus
- Familiarity with our 3 target personas – Building Owners, Mechanical Contractors & Specifying Engineers.
- Strong mechanical or hands-on aptitude and an understanding of building systems such as heating, cooling, ventilation and lighting.
- Experience with complex solution selling, ROI selling and/or mechanical specifications and takeoff
- Experience with our tools is awesome (Hubspot/Netsuite, etc) but experience with CRM & ERP tools is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to seek input when required, prioritize and drive results.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities – you will need to quickly and creatively solve complex customer issues. You will need to recognize when to ask for help.
- Effective written and verbal communications and strong comprehension.