The Position: Do you have a passion for advancements in the energy storage industry? Do you enjoy designing solutions to complex challenges - for hybrid or renewables? Do you want to be at the
forefront of the (global) distributed energy revolution in the developing world? Does the thought of being a part of a startup with limitless opportunity excite you? Solarquick is looking for technically minded, positive, goal-oriented ESS Sales Engineer to provide power to some of the most unique and challenging environments around the world.
- Strong knowledge of the solar storage industry and experience designing and configuring battery energy storage systems and battery enclosures
- Successful track record in a complex sales or project development environment, preferably in energy storage, and/or solar. By “complex sales” we mean large, technical, construction and/or financial products with longer sales cycles
- Strong interest in global storage technology trends (and related chemistries) and understanding of the value of lithium ion battery technologies (LFP chemistry in particular and the benefits of LFP vs. other chemistries).
- Strong customer service and communication, and ability to simply articulate complex system designs to clients and non-technical stakeholders
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop commercial and bulk storage projects at the MW scale, from origination through financial close.
- Generate proposals, quotes, and formal RFP responses in coordination with Solarquick’s CEO and technical teams.
- Interact with customers, contractors and other (3rd party) groups, especially through preliminary design of larger PV and storage systems, that include but are not limited to EMS and/or other microgrid control and storage systems and couple with gas/diesel gensets and other power sources.
Preferred Skill Set
- Strong knowledge of the Nigerian or Sub-Saharan African distributed energy market is preferred but not required, as well as an interest to work on projects in other geographies (e.g. Caribbean).
- Experience and strong knowledge of ESS with hybrid solutions, particularly gas/diesel gensets
- Experience with remote (and up-to-date knowledge of) recent remote monitoring tools and controls.