We are seeking a tenacious, people-oriented, PCA-licensed Territory Manager who will be responsible for building and maintaining business relationships with growers, pest control advisors and channel partners, understanding their agronomic needs to drive new and maintain existing business with an unparalleled level of service. The geography of the Territory Manager’s portfolio is US West/Southwest which is predominantly the southern half of California, including Fresno, Bakersfield, Kern, & Monterey counties and Arizona.
This remote full-time position can be based anywhere in Arizona or Southern half of California. Our generous rewards package will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience. Laptop computer and company phone will be provided, as well as travel budget with mileage reimbursement.
To identify and expand market sales of innovative agriculture products, which will propel the Company’s growth into new heights and enhance human and plant health, globally.
Reporting to the Director, Commercial Agriculture, the Territory Manager works closely with Commercial Marketing, Product and Sales Support teams.
- Develop and implement creative initiatives in regional market development that yield high potential in demand and revenue generation
- Advising PCAs, growers and channel partners on proper use of products
- “Winning the acre”through product education and “pull” activities that support channel partner sales within the territory/region
- Maintains a thorough agronomic and technical knowledge of Terramera’s products to be used to communicate our product’s value proposition in client presentations and relevant touchpoints
- Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends with the aim to plan for demand of upcoming sales seasons
- Research and assess the efficacy, marketing, price points, and key similarities and differences of competing products for communications to growers, farm managers and business owners
- Supports the development of territory/regional marketing strategies
- Supports onsite product demonstration plots, tours and tradeshows
- Consistently maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities in the CRM system (HupSpot)
- Ensures federal and state regulations pertaining to crop protection and fertilizers are observed and adhered to
- Ensures customer satisfaction by working with Product Management and Customer Support teams
- Follows-up on inbound sales leads and prospects for newdealer/distributor customers
- Perform other related duties in keeping with the purpose and accountabilities of the job
- 10+ years of senior-level territory management (ag-focused) with regional and/or national account experience and a proven track record of generating repeat sales
- Bachelor of Science preferably in Agriculture or a related field required
- Valid Pest Control Adviser (PCA) license in California is required; CCA license is an asset but not mandatory
- Proven experience with organic and conventional vegetable, strawberry and permanent tree & vine crop production in California and across the Southwest markets
- Understanding and knowledge of channel partner agribusiness practices, incentives and sales structures
- Experience interacting with pest control advisors, technical experts, and upper management level team members.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software such as HubSpot or Salesforce
- Computer proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, Outlook)
- Self-starter, comfortable with prospecting new business and opportunities at grower and channel level.
- Possess a positive “can-do” attitude coupled with an outstanding work ethic.
- Ability to determine potential customer unmet needs and to position product solutions that result in revenue.
- Ability to plan & organize activities, multi-task and follow through on commitments.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team player who has demonstrated an ability to collaborate towards a common goal.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Remote position. A home office is required.
- Willingness to travel overnight up to 50% is expected
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
We strongly encourage semi-retired and newly retired individuals to apply for this position. Terramera is committed to a diverse workforce and we are an equal opportunity employer.
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
WHO WE ARE
Terramera is a cleantech leader focused on fusing AI, science and nature to create revolutionary technologies that transform how we grow food and solve other world-scale challenges. With its Actigate™ Targeted Performance technology and mission to unlock the intelligence in nature to ensure a world that thrives and provides for everyone, Terramera is committed to reducing global synthetic chemical loads in agriculture by 80 percent while increasing global farm productivity by 20 percent by 2030. The privately held company was founded in 2010 and has grown to include a world-class bench of engineers, scientists, advisors and investors. Terramera is headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, has integrated operations that include advanced research labs, robotics workshop, greenhouse and farm, and has more than 200 patents in its IP portfolio.
Our success begins with our people. We’re looking for A-Players who are passionate about making a difference as we are and thrive in environments that are dynamic, challenging and rewarding. Join our movement, as we set a new standard and change the world together as a highly dedicated, innovative, future-focused and solutions-oriented team.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information on Terramera, please visit our website at www.terramera.com