Field Sciences Co-op
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Field Sciences Co-Op will be excited to join a diverse, high-performing team focused on delivering microbial based products for beneficial agriculture. The right candidate will be driven by the development of field testing best practices and the value of large datasets. The Field Sciences Co-Op will be given a diverse set of projects with opportunities to interact cross-functionally within and external to Indigo.
- Develop and incorporate early season environmental characterization into existing environmental classification pipeline
- Conduct a comprehensive review of Field Sciences agronomic metrics housed within corporate database to drive implementation of new global QC practices across crops
- Enhance trait library w/units & methodology from recent protocols. If multiple methodologies exist, coordinate global effort to review and select preferred method.
- Create automated system to generate protocol document based on region, crop, and target product profile.
- Enhance current data processing pipeline by implementing mechanism to incorporate dosage, formulation, on-seed stability into the mixed effects models
- Develop mechanism to integrate IRP trial data into current Field Sciences data processing pipeline and enable comprehensive cross stage analysis
- Automate power analysis and develop a user-friendly dashboard to enable scientists to conduct power analysis by themselves
- Communicate project progress at bi-weekly team meetings
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Passion for beneficial agriculture and associated areas of research
- Currently studying Biostatistics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Computational Biology or related field
- Fluency in Python and R programming
- Outstanding communication over phone and video conferences
- Desire to work on several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated expertise in tasks requiring attention to detail
- Understanding of agricultural and/or biological data preferred
- Experience in managing large datasets preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.