Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.About you:
The Data Science team is at the core of Convoy’s business. We build the models that power freight pricing, shipment offer relevance, auction bidding strategy, and other core services. The breadth of the problems space is huge, spanning machine learning, optimization, metric definition, econometrics, and prediction domains. And we have only begun to dig into the difficult and diverse problems in our two-sided marketplace.
If you’re curious minded and are interested in joining a company that is pushing the envelope of data science, join us!
- Work independently and own your domain end-to-end.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers across the Product organization
- Interact with and influence business stakeholders across the company
- Own business outcomes for a team that generates insights to drive product outcomes, builds data science models and drives business impact
- Manage your team to contribute to a number of high impact projects that optimize our product offerings and answer strategic questions for our business.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Advanced degree in economics, statistics, computer science, data science, operations research or equivalent quantitative subject
- Minimum of 6+ years of industry experience in Data or Research Scientist roles
- Minimum of 3+ years leading a technical data or research science team
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with one scientific/statistical language such as R or Python
- Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solutions
- Intelligent but practical; you want to get things done and love simplicity
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- You are a leader and will speak up where needed
- A habit of bias-to-action
Nice to have:
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
- PhD in economics, statistics, computer science, data science, operations research or equivalent quantitative subject
- Experience scaling B2B products
- Experience building pricing models, estimating customer long-run value, and/or evaluating customer acquisition initiatives.