Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct e-bike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and headquartered in Seattle, WA USA, we are seeking a full-time Product Manager to join our team in Asia. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to be a part of a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
The focus of this Asia based Product Manager is to be the technical communication conduit between our Seattle Product Development Team, our Asia based Product Quality Engineering Manager, and our factory partners. Successful candidates will have a combination of project management, manufacturing, and design engineering backgrounds. Duties include managing timelines, BOMs, samples, C&G development, frame development, NPI quality plans, and ongoing product management support for bikes in production.
You will ensure project success by developing new, innovative products, managing product development plans, collaborating with our supply chain team, and by developing assembly strategies that align with Rad’s development goals and our partner's manufacturing capabilities. When a conflicting product, schedule, or manufacturing requirements arise, you will research solutions and guide the team by selecting the best path forward to meet Rad’s development, production, and quality goals. This role will report to our Chief Product Officer.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering or new product introduction
- 2+ years of experience in e-bike or mobility product development
- Manufacturing operations experience in hardware development, inducing sourcing of relevant raw and semi-finished materials and components, operations planning, factory outsourcing management, and manufacturing partnerships
- Experience operating in a cross-cultural/international supply base
- Exceptional teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Passion to change mobility for the better!
- B.Sc. and/or M. Sc. in Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent writing and speaking English as well as local language
- Excellent documentation and project management experience
You get bonus points for:
- Experience in statistical process control, statistical analysis, and yield improvement
Had you been with us last month, the top 5 things you would have impacted are:
Sounding good? Read on to understand what matters most to us:
- Lead the transition from design to high volume manufacturing, inclusive of design and pre-product validation reviews between the product development, sourcing, and quality/manufacturing teams
- Working with the USA team: help manage timelines, BOMs, development samples, color and graphics development, frame development, NPI quality plans
- Provide ongoing product management support for bikes in production
- Serve as the focal point of communication between the design, sourcing, and quality/manufacturing teams as well as factory partners
- Coordinate with the development team and the quality team, to develop the required manufacturing test systems
At Rad we take our company values seriously. They are lived out into everything we do. Our RADICAL values really do frame what our expectations are for each and every team member. We are:
Responsible to our environment, community and teamAccountable, we take ownership, bias to action, seek and provide feedbackDiverse, inclusive of experiences, backgrounds and skills, we value every voiceInnovators, we challenge ourselves and the status quo, we are originalCustomer driven, completely, we do the right thing for our ridersApproachable, kind, we collaborate and are always willing to helpLearners, we grow our skills, we are humble and seek to improve
Does this sound like you? Please apply and join us!
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.