The Energy Futures Initiative (EFI) Inc., former U.S. Secretary of Energy Ernest J. Moniz’s nonprofit clean energy think tank, seeks a mid-career, highly motivated, and detail-oriented Senior Analyst with project management experience to join our research team. EFI, based in Washington DC, is dedicated to advancing technically grounded solutions to climate change through evidence-based analysis, thought leadership, and coalition-building. Candidates can view a full range of high impact thought-leadership content on our website: www.energyfuturesinitiative.org.
EJM Associates LLC, an EFI affiliated entity, is a strategic consulting firm that helps clients navigate the transition to a global clean energy economy by advising on a range of energy policy, innovation, and security issues. This position will contribute to EJM Associates on an as-needed basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status. EFI is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Project Manager and Contributing Senior Analyst Job Description
The Project Manager and Contributing Senior Analyst position will provide critical project management support for EFI and EJM work products, including but not limited to organizing tasks and deliverables, managing processes, collecting data, performing analysis, technical writing, and communications. Daily tasks can vary and are often project-specific. The position will report to the Director of Research.
The Employee, as a Project Manager and Contributing Senior Analyst, shall be responsible for:
- Conducting the full scope of project development, execution, and completion for a subset of EFI and EJM Associates analytical projects. The position will work closely with EFI/EJM leadership for the entire project lifecycle, starting with the proposal-writing phase, ensuring all aspects of each project are completed to the highest quality, on time, and within budget.
- Supporting the Director of Research and senior leadership team with ad hoc qualitative and quantitative data analysis, writing, presentations, website content, and general research needs.
- Writing reports, developing presentations, and managing junior analyst contributions to associated analytical products.
- Working with events/communications and scheduling staff to plan, organize, and host webinars, workshops, client project meetings, and other events.
- Developing data visualization products including graphs, charts, maps, infographics, and slide presentations.
- Pursuing independent research, conference participation, trainings, and/or coursework to stay current on key issues within their professional area of focus, in consultation with EFI/EJM leadership.
- Preparing Principals for business development efforts by developing issue briefs, policy summaries, and meeting notes.
- Evaluating emerging energy and climate trends across the globe, and persuasively writing about relevant business insights.
- Attending offsite meetings and reporting relevant insights to staff.
The approximate amount of time spent on various tasks is as follows:
- Project management: 45%
- Research and writing: 45%
- Administrative: 10%
The position is based at EFI headquarters in Washington, DC. As of the date of this posting, EFI is operating on a work-at-home basis. EFI employees will return to a work-at-office basis consistent with federal and local government public health guidelines. The schedule for the place of work for this position will be determined based on the organization’s return to work policy.
- Project management
- Public report writing and professional presentation development
- Client engagement
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of and competence with spreadsheet modeling
- Ability to recognize and differentiate data quality
- Data visualization using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of energy systems and policy, climate change, and related topics
- Master’s degree in environmental science, climate science, public policy, engineering, economics, or related field
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Cover letter
- Writing Sample (5-10 pages)
- Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
- In your cover letter, please state where you learned of this opportunity and your desired salary.
- Please write “[LAST NAME] – Project Manager Application” in the subject line.
Buildings & Cities, Carbon Removal & Utilization Engineering, Energy, Food & Agriculture, Research & Education, Transportation