Spin is a fast-growing micromobility company committed to a world with clean air, liveable cities, safe streets, and widespread access to convenient, affordable transportation. If you’re searching for a top-tier career where you can make a difference and dynamically collaborate within a creative, lively environment—Spin welcomes you!
We’re passionate about transportation and technology. The work we accomplish fulfills a sense of meaning and purpose, which goes beyond the traditional dimensions of a workplace. Our products and initiatives directly influence people’s lives, which is proven by our customers' feedback.
Founded in 2017, and now a subsidiary of Ford Motor Company, we have worked together with cities, campuses, community groups, and businesses to expand internationally. Even as we expand, we maintain the close feeling of a small business, with “fireside chats” chats led by our company’s founders, weekly OKR pop-up videos, music-infused presentations at our All Hands meetings, and more. During this time of working remotely, our creativity and shared goals have kept us united and bonded within our virtual community.
We are a diverse team of artists, engineers, designers, urban planners, policymakers, marketers, and operators. We believe in inclusivity and build powerful alliances to fulfill our goals and move our mission forward. Above all, we at Spin are connected by our values and #BeOrange spirit, which represents unity, purpose, passion, and creativity.
About the Role
Repair Operations Lead is responsible for supporting the Repair Operations Manager (ROM) in the growth and development of a distributed scooter repair organization at Spin. This is a multi-faceted role with expectations to develop and roll out initiatives to ensure Spin’s repair operations run smoothly. Focus will be on driving efficiency in repair processes as well as codifying best practices and leading implementation globally. Data-driven decisions with key stakeholders across the organization are a must.
- Assist with the growth and development of a multi-city scooter repair organization.
- Implement high priority projects, prioritize tasks, and drive measurable results.
- Ensure repair processes are implemented uniformly and consistently across markets.
- ‘Help Desk’ support for mechanics in their day to day operations and help them along when they get stuck.
- Weekly meetings with the market repair teams to discuss new initiatives, current status of backlog, blockers, etc.
- Firmware and IoT assistance is provided throughout the day to ensure scooters are communicating properly and on the most current versions
- Conducting monthly warehouse audits to ensure proper adherence to safety standards as well as the warehouse flow and 5S compliance
- Create initial drafts if SOPs and Qualify final repair SOPs created by Quality & Sustain team prior to being released to markets.
- Participate in EVT evaluations and Alpha testing.
- When manufacturing issues, or other consistent issues are found, flags cross functional teams to ensure actions can be taken for expedited resolutions.
- On the ground warehouse set-up and mechanic training for large new markets.
- Maintain and update content inside the repair app based on each scooter model, issues, spare parts category & difficulty levels.
- Creation of training materials such as slide decks, Youtube repair tutorials and Lessonly courses and presenting said materials for the market teams
- Conduct mechanic training sessions for 5S, Warehouse, Flow, Repair App and Resources.
- 3+ years of experience with hands on mechanical experience
- 1+ year managerial experience
- Comfortable with GSuite, Forms, Sheets, Docs
- Mechanically minded and ability to grasp the inner workings of a scooter, both physical and software/firmware
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a bent towards fast execution and iteration
- A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma or other process/quality improvement certification preferred
- Advanced spreadsheet and report analysis skills
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law. Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.