Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
This FP&A role is responsible for leading the vehicle and merchandise/accessory sales and planning process for production, inventory, sales, and gross margin forecasting and budgeting. This role is focused on revenue, gross margin, and inventory performance across all vehicle and merchandise/accessory models, channels, and geographies. This position will also work with cross-functional teams to oversee the inventory management and order-to-cash process for vehicle and merchandise/accessory sales. You will support executive decision making and communication to the board of directors. The main responsibilities fall in three areas:
1. FP&A: Partnering with Sales Operations, Purchasing, Service Operations, Logistics, Product Development, and Manufacturing to model vehicle and merchandise/accessory revenue and gross margin for budgeting and forecasting2. Accounting: Partner with Accounts Receivables, Treasury, Accounting, Tax, and Logistics to ensure the order-to-cash process and transactional data is recorded accurately and timely, as well as audit and tax compliant3. Systems: Ensure all systems are aligned with the order-to-cash process and sales operations. This includes ERP (SAP S4/Hana), CRM (SalesForce), eCommerce (SAP), POS.
- Manage the financial forecast process for revenue and gross margin for vehicle and merchandise/accessory sales
- Partner with cross-functional operating teams to develop sales and inventory targets that support the company’s annual operating plan
- Participate in and lead key areas of annual, quarterly and long-term sales, gross margin and inventory planning that supports financial goals
- Develop financial forecasts that drive cross-functional team to optimize inventory efficiencies and top-line revenue & gross margin, while communicating risks and opportunities in the forecast
- Deliver analytical insights and updates that provide timely and concise business performance results on sales, gross margin, inventory, and other relevant KPIs (traffic, conversion) across all vehicle and merchandise/accessory sales, channels, and geographies, thereby supporting timely decision-making
- Work with Product Development Finance, Manufacturing Finance and Logistics on vehicle and merchandise/accessory COGS/inventory forecasts, including all balance sheet related items, as well as in transit inventory forecasting
- Provide ad hoc management reporting on sales, gross margin and inventory for executives and Board of Directors
- Identify areas of improving the effectiveness of the financial planning and forecasting activities to streamline and improve processes, including automating manual activities
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience and knowledge in cost accounting, inventory management, and sales planning and forecasting experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to interact with various business partner relationships and management levels
- In-depth knowledge of accounting, financial, and operational principles and processes in order-to-cash workflow
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill with the ability to process data from multiple sources and build models from the ground up
- Proven ability and flexibility in prioritizing in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to effectively articulate financial stories in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability developing and improving processes to make reporting better, faster, and easier
- Strong SAP S4/Hana, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills required; SalesForce and Tableau a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or retail environment is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance or Accounting
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.