We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
As the Lead Technical Product Manager, you and your team of Product Managers will define the AV Engineering roadmap to achieve our company objectives. This is a highly cross-functional role requiring you to partner with Engineering, Product Management, and Business teams. Your work will include defining our portfolio of products and initiatives, allocating resources to achieve our vision, and implementing novel workflows to increase team productivity. .
As an AV Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Define the vision and goals for on-road behaviors. This will require combining excellent product judgment with a strong, technical understanding of the software stack. You will become an expert in road data collected by our AV fleet.
- Partner closely with engineering and platform product teams to learn how the self-driving software works and to propose requirements for new features and systems. Through trusted relationships with your engineers, you will turn product insights into actionable engineering work.
- Develop and own your product roadmap. You will consistently balance multiple goals and priorities. You will ensure that there is a strong alignment between engineering and product teams.
- Grow a team of talented product managers. You will define processes that drive high team engagement as well as successful engineering and business outcomes.
- 7+ years experience in technical product management experience across technology and growth companies
- 3+ years managing product development teams
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in science, engineering, or math
- Demonstrated technical aptitude (meaning you’ve either written code, queried databases, built complex systems, or something similar)
- Exemplary communication skills: verbal and written, with engineers, non-technical stakeholders, and executives
- Comfort with ambiguity: apply structured, analytical thinking to new, undefined problems
- Scientific mindset: develop hypotheses based on data; adapt to changing facts
- Initiative and curiosity: a keen interest in improving the status quo; going above and beyond to enable our teams and mission
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, complex electromechanical systems, safety-critical systems is a plus
- Experience building products using machine learning
- 5+ years of product management experience in technical domains
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.