May Mobility, Inc. is an autonomous vehicle startup located in Ann Arbor, Michigan that deploys fleets of driverless vehicles for enterprise and municipal customers.
Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced Roboticists and Software Engineers with decades of experience fielding autonomous systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team with systems engineers with demonstrated experience working software and hardware for safety-critical systems.
Job Description: Fleet Operations Engineer
May Mobility is looking for Field Operations Engineers to provide expert technical support as well as hands-on work with sensors, computerized controls, and robotic systems for an upcoming service deployment in Indianapolis, Indiana. FOEs will work intimately with the entire breadth of the system (from the hardware platform to the software autonomy stack), serving as the Engineering team’s specialist on the ground.
Specifically, the FOE will:
- Coordinate on-site software and hardware rollouts across the Indianapolis fleet
- Manage repair and maintenance activities and adjust them to site-specific needs
- Act as an engineering representative to fleet operations management
- Manage the spare parts needed to maintain an autonomous fleet
- Work to debug novel issues found at the site, alone and in collaboration with engineers at May HQ
- Collaborate with Robotics Engineers to identify and develop features to expand system capability and improve the rider experience
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related fields
- Some familiarity with basics of mobile robotics
- Experience debugging in a linux system
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical hardware
- Hunger to develop a detailed understanding of every part of the autonomous system
- Excellent Oral and written communications skills for proper technical documentation in the work environment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related fields
- Prior experience with mobile robotics or AV’s
- Experience with vehicle wiring and wiring harness routing and repairs on vehicle or large machinery or equipment
- Experience operating in a Linux environment, including familiarity with common Linux command line utilities
- Experience with vehicle electronics, electrical & vehicle communications BUS network (CAN) diagnostics or ladder logic diagnostics and repair