It's a Perfect Day to change the world! At Perfect Day, we're doing just that.
Perfect Day was founded in 2014 to create delicious, nutritious dairy products that everyone can love. We’re using fermentation (not animals) to make dairy proteins that are the foundation for foods like ice cream, cheese and yogurt – all with the distinctive taste and textures that consumers demand, but without lactose or environmental downsides. Through partnerships with respected brands, we’re working to launch a whole range of dairy products that will help shape a humane, sustainable food system for future generations.
The Sales Manager - Food Ingredient Sales role is open for a proven revenue generator who thrives on success and knows how to create new business, not just manage accounts. You will leverage your existing network to accelerate individual and company performance while accepting responsibility for existing accounts and opportunities in North America. Do you have a track record selling ingredient, B2B finished products or flavors to established producers and marketers of food, beverage, and health products? Do you have the mindset & skillset to strategically pursue new opportunities in selling breakthrough technology products in alternative protein space? Then you have come to the right place. Have you sold to or managed large CPG company accounts? Have you sold in categories ranging from Protein blends, Dairy, Bakery, Confectionary, Beverages, Textured Proteins, Cereals, Crisps, Cultured products etc.
- Account Management & Selling
- Selling Animal-Free protein ingredients, flavors and value-based food systems to large, mid-size & small food companies and medium to large multinational co-manufacturing partner networks.
- Accountable for year over year profitable revenue & volume growth with existing and new customers
- Account planning, management and relationship building with decision makers in marketing, purchasing and technical roles
- Creative upselling of co-branding partnerships, formulation services and customer-specific ingredient and values-based food systems that deliver mutual value
- Primary point of contact for customers regarding supply, pricing, forecasting, negotiation, innovation and technical support
- Active telephone, email and video selling with plan to reintegrate physical meetings and events
- Planning & Reporting
- Identify new opportunities for growth; develop and implement strategic sales plans in accordance with corporate goals.
- Maintain clear understanding of customer objectives, and liaise with leadership to develop operational plans to manage execution and measure results, database & report status of accounts, projects and contacts with and
- Ongoing contract management that focuses on strategic alignment and designed to strengthen both the customer and the company's market position.
- Monthly reporting, sales analytics and insights with detailed customer, market & competitive information for management; understand go-to-market strategy and how to maximize sales efficiency.
- Collaboration with:
- Category managers to understand the deep value proposition of a given ingredient system and value-based food systems in context of a customer account or a manufacturing partners and maximize the P&L impact.
- Category managers & Technical project managers to evaluate & prioritize a customer request for new ingredient system or value-based food system solutions. Once prioritized bring such solutions to launch via project execution assistance from the Technical project manager.
- Sales & customer services team to optimize lead generation & qualification; Customer on-boarding, develop & maintain item master - UPC product/item set up; inventory management and forecasting; customer quality complaint resolution;
- Marketing team to have full oversight over development & satisfactory execution of the co-branded marketing campaign at the customer level. Be the primary customer liaison contact with the customer for the marketing team on such campaigns.
- Marketing, Category management & events team in prioritizing & executing successful promotional initiatives at strategic industry events.
- Be the brand ambassador for Perfect Day's ingredient solutions at industry trade shows, education seminars, food research circuit organizers etc.
- Well connected to the food industry broker & distributor networks. networks.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required, MBA a plus.
- 8-10 years selling novel food ingredients, value-based food system and flavors to B2B food & beverage players.
- Basic technical knowledge of protein-based ingredient application solutions in dairy, textured proteins, RTM, RTD, Bakery, Meat analog & Confectionary food systems.
- Customer centric, business forward attitude with fluency to interact with marketers, purchasers, scientists, and leadership teams simultaneously
- Highly organized ability to work independently and collaboratively while prospecting, qualifying & securing new business opportunities
- Knack for communicating technical information to technical and non-technical audiences with influencing abilities
- Self-confident with a high degree of personal integrity, career ambition and entrepreneurial qualities
- Open to approximately 50% travel.
- Experience using syndicated data to determine customer needs and establish the most effective pricing and promotional activities that will increase sales and market share for the company and its customers.
- Knowledge regarding Project Management, and experience with setting up and managing projects in a complex, fast-moving environment.
- Knowledge regarding relationship management, experience and mindset to work with partners in building initiatives that deliver on goals.
It's a Perfect Day to change the world. The day when delicious dairy goodness is something everyone can love. The day we say goodbye to the downsides of factory farming. The day we throw a big party with luscious, animal-free milk, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream, all made with Perfect Day! We hope you join us!