Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a high-performing and entrepreneurial Business Development Associate, Community Solar to join our Community Solar Business Development team and focus on acquiring customers through B2B or B2B2C partnerships. Community solar is the fastest growing segment of the solar market, enabling homes and businesses to benefit from solar energy by digitally subscribing to a remotely located solar farm. At Arcadia, we run the largest community solar operation in the country, helping tens of thousands (soon to be hundreds of thousands!) of customers to support local solar projects and save on their power bills, all without requiring any installation on the customer’s property.
This individual will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and closing B2B and B2B2C sales within several key verticals. The ideal candidate can drive opportunities from early stages all the way through to contract execution, and must be a collaborative team player who can adapt to the dynamic demands of a rapidly growing organization. To be successful, this individual will need to develop an extensive network of property management, energy management, energy brokerage, real estate or other related entities with direct or client-managed utility account footprints in key states and utility territories.
This role will be based in Washington, DC (candidates temporarily in remote locations will be considered), and will report to the Director of Community Solar, Business Development. Eventually, minimal travel within the U.S may be required.
What you'll do:
- Develop and lead your own book of business within our real estate vertical to subscribe businesses, properties, or tenants to Arcadia’s managed community solar projects
- Pitch the benefits of Arcadia’s community solar offerings to varied audiences, including energy managers, sustainability managers, finance, legal, and C-level representatives depending on the prospect’s organization
- Work closely with the Director of Community Solar Business Development and contribute to the team’s go-to-market strategy, including identifying new market opportunities, prioritization, messaging, pricing/incentives, and more
- Support expansion of the community solar market by demonstrating customer demand in targeted states and utility territories
- Manage and execute against complex prospective partner sales cycles and achieve sales targets
- Look for opportunities to drive more customers from each partnership, add value for our partners, and develop additional partnership opportunities and/or verticals
What will help you succeed:
- BA/BS degree or similar college-level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional experience in a B2B sales or business development role
- Proven ability to reach and develop relationships with key decision makers at prospective partner organizations
- Track record of successful sales experience and ability to achieve new business targets
- Provide a strategic view to a prospective partner while also operating with a fast-paced transactional approach
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to translate complex opportunities into a simple value proposition
- Experience using CRM software tools
- Team-first attitude
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Experience working in solar, utilities, or a related field
- Relationships with property management, energy management, or other similar real estate businesses
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
- Market-based compensation (salary, commission and equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.