Bowery is growing food for a better future by revolutionizing agriculture. Our modern farming company combines the benefits of the best local farms with advances made possible by technology to grow produce you can feel good about eating. BoweryOS, our proprietary software system, uses vision systems, automation technology, and machine learning to monitor plants and all the variables that drive their growth 24/7. Because we control the entire process from seed to store, Bowery farms use zero pesticides, 95% less water, and are 100+ times more productive on the same footprint of land than traditional agriculture. Bowery produce is currently available at select Whole Foods and Foragers stores in the Tristate area, and featured on the menus of Tom Colicchio’s New York restaurants Craft and Temple Court. Based in New York City, the company has raised over $170 million from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, GGV Capital, First Round Capital, Temasek and Almanac.
About The Role:
The Sales Analytics Manager will lead all aspects of sales analytics including model execution, conducting analysis of results, simulating client plans, creating deliverable materials and supporting presentation, training and tool delivery. Based in the Bowery Farming headquarters office in NYC, this newly created role will report in to the EVP of Sales and provide primary support to the commercial team. Beyond the day to day, this role will be integral in collaborating across functions and support the long term goal of building an optimal commercial analytics function and team as Bowery continues to accelerate their growth plans.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain data and reporting to support the commercial organization
- Gather data through multiple sources to support sales trackers, gap closure initiatives, wins/losses and scorecard activity
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated reports for management
- Responsible for all aspects of the analysis including model execution, conducting analysis of results, simulating client plans, creating deliverable materials and supporting presentation/training/tool delivery across the commercial function
- Forecasting and demand planning in collaboration with sales and operations
- Acts as a resource/liaison between customer, channel, consumer, finance and operations
- Work with external partners such as Nielsen and IRI to aggregate and manage data for a unified internal commercial view to support
- Maintain strong organization and prioritize tasks based on urgency and needs of the commercial organization with a drive toward accurate and timely task completion
- Work with internal partners such as the Bowery OS analytics team, operations team, sales and marketing to create simplified and accurate reporting dashboards that aligns across functions
- Support internal best practices and provide guidance as needed to other internal customers
What You'll Have:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-5 years of successful experience with CPG analytics or related field. Familiarity with syndicated data highly preferable.
- Demonstrated analytical, consultative and technical knowledge and experience. Consulting background helpful but not required.
- Excellent systems proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite helpful).
- Critical thinking capabilities; demonstrate ability to identify, diagnose and resolve errors/issues independently
- Proactivity; keen ability to look ahead and anticipate what’s coming and react accordingly
- Detail oriented and strategic mindset with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication; excellent time management; ability to prioritize multiple tasks and influence internal stakeholders
- High energy level – should be able to be engage effectively, influence internal stakeholders and communicate with multiple personality types
- Enthusiasm for Bowery’s mission – passion for improving our food system through the use of technology and the ability to translate this passion into a compelling selling story
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.