At Carbon Engineering (CE), our vision is to lead the world in the large-scale removal of carbon dioxide from the air
and advance our shift to a sustainable carbon-neutral society. Based in the outdoor recreation hub of Squamish, BC,
this role will be a great fit for a technically apt, curious and hands-on individual who feels passionately about this
vision and wants to be a part of a fast-paced culture.
CE is rapidly progressing towards commercialization of its Direct Air Capture and AIR TO FUELSTM technology. We are
now looking for Plant Operators who will commission and operate the world’s first fully integrated AIR TO FUELSTM
plant in Squamish, BC.
This is a technical role for a Chemical Technologist or Technician, or Plant Operator who understands industrial
processes, operations, equipment and laboratory analytics. The ideal candidate will have 4 to 8 years experience as a
Plant Operator in a chemical/industrial process plant.
• Operate and improve the Pilot Plant process equipment.
• Execute test campaigns on a range of process units.
• Operate equipment to capture CO2 from the atmosphere and process it into synthetic crude oil.
• Track pilot activities across shift changes.
• Education: Technical diploma in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or Chemistry. Candidates that have
applicable plant operations experience will be considered.
• Experience: Minimum of 4 years of technical work in a chemical/industrial plant or testing facility.
• Mechanically inclined and hands-on experience with equipment maintenance and repair.
• Familiarity with operating motorized equipment such as forklift, telescopic man lifts, scissor lifts is beneficial.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Lab experience as it relates to process control is a bonus.
In addition to technical skills, the right fit will:
• Have operations experience in pulp and paper, water treatment, mining, oil and gas (ideally gas to liquid).
• Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team, to meet multiple deadlines with
limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Function well in a job where priorities often change across operations, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Able to take a project from concept through to completion.
• Plant commissioning experience is a bonus.
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills and experience in technical report writing.
• Have experience and comfort working in an R&D environment.
• Thrive on doing things that have not been done before (explorer mindset).
• Legally able to work in Canada.
If this seems like the dream job for you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Plant
Operator” in the subject line.