Full Harvest is a high-growth, VC-backed AgTech startup solving food waste (Forbes’ Top 25 Innovative AgTech Startups). We are the first B2B marketplace connecting farms with food & beverage businesses to sell ugly and surplus produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. 30-40% of food is wasted every year around the globe. Are you up to the challenge of helping solve one of the world's largest problems of food waste?
We recently raised an $8.5 million Series A, led by Spark Capital, and are using the investment to rapidly grow our team. Full Harvest has been recognized in major publications including Tech Crunch, WSJ, Forbes, the Economist and featured on Bloomberg. We have received the United Fresh Award for Innovation and our CEO, Christine Moseley was named ‘#2 Most Innovative Women in Food and Drink’ by Food & Wine Magazine. Our advisor list includes Ann Venemen, Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture and Executive Director of UNICEF.
Reporting to the CEO and collaborating closely with the senior leadership team, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will play an essential role in the growth and scale of Full Harvest. This leader will build the infrastructure and processes to enable the successful scale of the organization while promoting the company’s culture and vision. The COO will leverage previous success ushering at least one organization through a period of rapid growth. This executive will be charged with overseeing the day-to-day of the business, including internal and external operations, and execution on all business fronts, including sales and technology. They will establish and track key performance metrics and devise a system of improving upon these as the company expands throughout the country and to different buyer segments. This executive must be a proven operational leader who possesses tremendous stamina, creativity, and a quantitative approach to business operations, and must be an exceptional manager of talent and developer of leadership.
- Accelerate momentum from recent venture investment to create a sophisticated and scalable operation, to drive a rapidly growing business to its next level of maturation without sacrificing performance and efficiency or employee satisfaction.
- Manage the senior leaders and own day-to-day operations of the three key marketplace components: buyers, suppliers, and customer operations/logistics
- Ensure the cohesive and effective cross-functional collaboration amongst these three teams as well as other teams that do not report directly to you - tech, finance, etc.
- Function as the operational counterpart to the CEO; provide leadership, guidance, direction and consistency to organization at large
- Drive change throughout the organization as it grows, and ensure flawless implementation and execution of Full Harvest’s offering as the targeted market expands.
- Drive organization-wide performance acceleration and with rapid pace, build operational infrastructure to support new company strategies and/or initiatives that support further revenue generation opportunities.
- Identify areas for improvement with regards to efficiency and implement new processes as required
- Reinforce a culture of high performance by creating systems of accountability to ensure Full Harvest executes against the financial model and other determined KPIs.
- Leverage data and analytics to inform strategic planning to define operational success, and define and articulate the Full Harvest value proposition as the company continues to expand into new regions and target markets
- Recruit, retain and develop high performing A-player talent
- Express an entrepreneurial mindset; encourage his/her team to think creatively and outside the box as the company grows
- Collaborate with Board and external stakeholders; effectively communicate clear company vision, mission and directive.
- A passion for the Full Harvest vision and a desire to leave a positive impact on the planet
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Brings more than 10 years of work experience, primarily helping scale tech startups (Series A through Series C) ; ideally has managed companies with complex operations / logistics challenges
- Experience working with marketplaces that have scaled successfully through rapid growth
- Must be a confident and analytical leader with a high level of intelligence demonstrated through effective problem solving skills, the ability to multitask and make decisions quickly
- Takes a positive and proactive approach to management with the proven ability to build teams of top talent and foster a culture of high performance
- Must be a charismatic, executive-level presence with the ability to establish relationships with key influencers and decision-makers
- B2B, food and/or agriculture industry experience a plus
- Exemplifies track record of success operating a highly profitable and highly complex Seed or Series A business through a period of rapid scale
- Leverages data to lead in a metrics-driven environment and holds his/her team accountable to established metrics; ideally has created OKRs, KPIs, and metrics for a company in a high growth environment
- Possesses exceptional communication skills that are transparent, appropriately challenging, and conducive to an environment where issues are identified and resolved
- Must be an individual with integrity and high ethical standards that is comfortable with creating systems of accountability
How We Operate:
As a team, we are focused on our mission of empowering sustainability solving food waste and we strive to do this by executing in the following ways:
- We are results focused and rely on each other to accomplish our goals
- We deliver consistently strong performance
- We go to great lengths to understand and delight customers
- We give and receive candid and direct feedback
- We admit mistakes openly and are not afraid to ask for help
- We look for solutions in unexpected places
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission- solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- In-Office Lunch several days a week
Looking for more info. about us? We recently closed our Series A with Tier 1 tech and ag firms, Spark Capital and Cultivian Sandbox. Learn more in this TechCrunch article.
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.