Geronimo Energy, a National Grid company, is a full-service renewable energy development company headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with satellite offices located in southwest Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Illinois, New York, Colorado, Alabama and Michigan. Geronimo Energy provides custom renewable energy solutions for utilities and corporations looking to harness renewable energy for business growth. Geronimo Energy has developed a multi-gigawatt renewable energy portfolio of projects that are either currently under construction or in operation throughout the United States.
About this position:
Geronimo Energy is seeking an intern to join its growing Finance team for the summer of 2020. She or he will learn fast in a changing and growing company and will take away “real world experience”. The intern will:
- Be introduced to the world of energy pricing and market considerations necessary for Geronimo Energy’s investments.
- Assist the Finance team in modeling renewable energy projects, many with enterprise values in excess of $250 million, in order to determine Geronimo’s potential return on investment
- Develop working experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in order to become a more efficient working professional.
- Gain experience “working under pressure” to hit tight timelines for management.
- Practice and hone the skill of being extremely thorough, careful, and detail oriented.
- Gain experience making professional slide decks, both for internal and external use, that will be useful in whatever career the student chooses to pursue.
- Gain exposure to senior executive team through weekly finance meetings (& others) to enhance presentation/speaking skills.
- Walk away from the summer experience prepared for an entry-level job at Geronimo Energy or another fast-paced, entrepreneurial financial firm
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Finance team with financial modeling and analysis
- Conduct ad hoc research projects (market fundamentals, cost assumptions, etc.)
- Support Project Finance team with due diligence items on multiple renewable energy projects.
- Assemble and format slide decks for team
- Final project presentation: Topic to be decided by intern and manager.
Up for the challenge? Here are the skills we require:
- Current Junior or Senior student pursuing a Finance, Accounting, or Economics degree
- Excellent financial analysis software user
- Strong numeric skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Solid understanding of financial set-up, procedures, statistics, and economics
- Skills/ Personal Attributes:
- Strong analytical skills
- Achievement driven
- Loyal and committed to the organization
- Pursuit of personal growth
- Ability to work as part of team
- This is a paid internship.
- Expected time commitment is 40+ hours per week.