Greenlots has an immediate opening in our Los Angeles, CA office. We are looking for a capable and self-motivated Electrical Project Engineer to support Greenlots’ industry leading Operations and Engineering group. Greenlots is wholly owned subsidiary of Shell, committed to advancing the promise of electrified transportation, Greenlots delivers new mobility infrastructure solutions designed to connect people to their destinations in a safer, cleaner and smarter way.
Electrical Project Engineer will provide project engineering and govern designs for Electric Vehicle charging stations in a fast-paced environment. Candidates for this role should be familiar with AutoCAD, electrical designs, load calculations, and ADA requirements and should be able to respond calmly and professionally in high stress situations. The Electrical Project Engineer should demonstrate technical competence in applications including submitting permit packages to AHJs, Title 24, NFPA, NEC, local codes and electrical calculations. The position will be involved with and responsible for engineering designs, adherence to federal, state, municipal design and engineering standards, standards development, project scopes, project estimates, designs and quality reviews. Competence in the following professional skills is also paramount for the successful candidate: peer leadership, oral communication skills, written communication skills, collaboration across functions and forge consensus among a diverse group, and the capacity to represent the organization in various forums.
What You Will Do:
- Be part of a highly talented team to develop industry leading EV charging solutions and infrastructure
- Provide project engineering for design and project management of ongoing EV charging station project.
- Act as the engineering technical authority for EV charging station projects, coordinating and reviewing 3rd party engineering drawings and construction packages.
- Preparation of design concept drawings with site layout, single line diagram, load calculations, panel schedules, equipment selection, utility coordination in AutoCAD or Revit.
- Provide electrical and civil engineering support for project management and construction team.
- Provide technical guidance to Sales and Project team during sales scope development and RFP process.
- Collaborate closely with Operations Procurement department for equipment selection, approving vendor documents and shop drawings.
- Help establish company and industry engineering standards for future EVCS projects.
- Communicate with vendors for evaluation of new products and support of existing equipment
- Occasionally support department in emergency restoration efforts as needed
- Expected to be capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting expected deadlines.
What You Need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum (1) years’ experience in Electrical power design or electrical project engineering.
- Highly self-motivated and keen attention to detail.
- Familiar with electrical power design, permit process, load calculations, single line diagram, electrical equipment selection, and AutoCAD.
- Experience with municipal codes and standards such as NFPA 70E and building codes.
- Experience in construction safety, and commercial construction of electrical and civil projects
- Knowledge of UL, ADA, FCC requirements.
- Committed to security practices in policy and delivery
- Show vigilance in reporting of information, security vulnerabilities whether personal devices, corporate assets, services offered to customers, or office environment
What We Offer:
- Benefits: Full health-care coverage for employees (medical, dental, vision), 401K, annual discretionary bonus
- Daily ownership of your role in a challenging, high-growth environment
- Environment: You’ll get to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest in this emerging market
- Perks: Paid Parking, Snacks, Standing Desks, and more!