The Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) is a private non-profit organization creating an inclusive green economy by unlocking innovation (through working with startups to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies), transforming markets (through partnerships in transportation, energy and sustainable cities) and enhancing communities (through workforce development, pilots and other programs). Founded as an economic development initiative by the City of Los Angeles and its Department of Water & Power (LADWP), LACI is recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world by UBI. In the past six years, LACI has helped 73 portfolio companies raise $184M in funding, $220M in revenue, create 1,700 jobs, and deliver more than $379M in long term economic value. Learn more at laci.org.
The Community Coordinator at LACI will be working with multiple stakeholders in order to organize campus events and tours and will work with all members of the facilities team for coordination, execution and follow up services. In addition, this person helps event and tour organizers conceive and plan routes & productions, while providing excellent customer service. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, Facilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate Execution of all Campus Events: Provide quotes, preferred vendors list, and scope of work for all campus events. Maintain communication with stakeholders through life cycle of events and tours.
- Oversee Tours Program on Campus: Book and provide in-depth tours of La Kretz Innovation Campus, update registration pages, create a strategy on how to best leverage LADWP’s new Customer Engagement Lab and Sustainable Living Lab to attract more visitors.
- Marketing & Communications: Create and send Campus Newsletters and campus posters. Work with LACI’s Communications team and LADWP staff to create written and visual marketing material both on campus and online to promote tours.
- Reporting & Administration: Maintain any budgets and/or invoicing required, manage Campus Calendar of Events and Calendar of Tours. Develop & maintain monthly, quarterly & yearly stats for all events & tours to present to stakeholders.
Why You’re Right for the Job:
- Planning events comes easy to you: When it comes to planning a party or even a group outing, others always come to you because they know you enjoy it and are able to corral a lot of different people and ideas.
- You value customer service and camaraderie: Your leadership style is inclusive so you value each person’s opinions and experiences - whether they’re your direct reports, higher ups, clients or colleagues.
- Color-coded binders are your friend: Okay, maybe not binders per se, but organization keeps you sane! You’re detail-oriented and process-oriented, and you love to build things from the ground up.
- You are a natural story-teller: You are most excited when you’re sharing a passion with others. You feel comfortable pitching a mission or program.
- You’re PRO-LACI: you’re a proactive, pro-environment, pro-solutions professional that is dedicated to making the world a cleaner, safer, better place to live in through clean technologies. In addition, you have a commitment to inclusion, or the need for solutions to support all people in a community regardless of race, religion, gender, immigration status, or ethnicity.
Basically, we want to know you can get the job done. This means you have:
- B.A. in Marketing, Hospitality, Communications or a related field preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- 1-2 years of event coordination experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including public speaking).
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented with an understanding of the necessary steps to achieve goals on deadline and within budget.
- Technical skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office , gSuite, Salesforce
This is a full-time position, starting immediately. LACI operates out of the La Kretz Innovation Campus, in the bustling Downtown LA Arts District. Since we are rapidly growing, you will be getting in on the ground floor at LACI, with the opportunity to evolve with us and shape your future here.
In addition to working on a campus with other innovators, we offer industry competitive benefits including: paid holidays, vacation/sick time, 401(k) plan, and paid parking. We also support alternative transportation with a metro pass for every employee. Although we trust that you can do amazing work remote or from your home office, this is an in-house only position.