Ripple is looking for a Director - Product Development & Commercialization to help further strengthen our Product Commercialization Team. Reporting to our Product Commercialization lead, this person will have an integral role in managing a team of Product Developers, as well as leading cross-functional project teams in both innovation & optimization projects, to grow our portfolio of products. We are looking for a candidate with a solid food science foundation, a project management skillset, and proven leadership skills.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY A successful candidate will be an integral member of the product commercialization team, Specific tasks include:
- Manage a team of 5+ product developers, in addition to outside consultants.
- Help team optimize formulations and process, as well as troubleshoot when the need arises.
- Develops deep partnerships with functions across Ripple and works with other leads to ensure staffing and prioritization of resources
- Embraces our stage-gate process, recommends areas to optimize further, and helps socialize and train others across the organization.
- Drives work streams & decision making with a “general manager” mindset.
- Communicates cross-functional project updates across the organization and to upper management
- Helps develop multi-year product roadmap with support from other business leads
- Supports leadership in developing and executing against our long-term strategic plans
- Plays the role of janitor, receptionist, IT-person, printer-jam-clearer, and general pitcher-inner alongside everyone else at Ripple
QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate will have 10-12+ years of combined experience in food product development & commercialization and in project management. This candidate should have a proven track record in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Experience working on plant-based foods, beverages, and/or CPG brand(s) preferred. The candidate will also have great scientific and personal skills, including:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in food science, food technology, or a related field
- Proven ability to translate and integrate business goals & consumer insights to projects plans and programs
- Ability to lead and inspire teammates across both the technical and business sides of the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized and self-starting work style
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects/tasks at any given time
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
Bonus points if you have (or have experience with):
- MBA Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
- Project management software systems knowledge
Finally, you need to be able to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done, because, despite our early successes, this is still a start-up!