StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 1,500+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we're just getting started.
As a member of our Private Markets team, the Solutions Engineer will work with our Director of Private Markets in the fast-evolving private transportation market, which is one of StreetLight Data’s growing verticals. You will work with private providers of new modes of transportation as they evaluate and leverage StreetLight’s real-world transportation analytics for their market and operational planning efforts; clients include TNCs (ride-hailing and micro-mobility companies), urban air mobility companies, automakers exploring new mobility business models, the autonomous vehicle industry, electric vehicle charging solutions providers, private infrastructure and toll developers, real estate developers, and many more. For the past year, the Private Markets team has been building and executing the go-to-market strategy for working with the private sector, and in many ways the work has still just begun. That means we need savvy, sophisticated technical sales professionals who go beyond sales to truly educate clients, work closely with our data science team to design custom solutions, and work closely with our executives and other cross-functional teams to further develop and build new processes for a scalable go-to-market strategy. Successful candidates will have experience tackling complex problems, fostering and managing client relationships, and developing and then executing their own strategies. Previous experience can include transportation engineering, data science, strategy consulting with a technical analytical component, investment banking.
Location: Remote within the United States, preferably located on the West Coast. This role is intended to be a remote, work from home position unless you are able to work from our San Francisco, CA office.
- Work closely with the Director of Private Markets to introduce StreetLight Data’s unique technology to prospective customers and strategic partners, and to implement data evaluations and pilot projects. Assist in driving sales to new customers and expand existing relationships through annual and multi-year contracts.
- Work closely with the Director of Private Markets to refine business plans and drive the execution of go-to-market and selling strategies for the private transportation market. This includes understanding the markets’ business, pricing levers, and data gaps.
- Define and implement technical solutions based on the StreetLight InSight® platform and underlying transportation analytics, to meet customer needs.
- Develop and deliver presentations and demos of the software tailored to engage both executive-level and highly technical audiences.
- Cultivate relationships with technical members of staff at customer accounts, serving as their primary technical liaison at StreetLight Data both pre- and post-sale.
- Primarily support the Private Markets team, but work with other SEs as a team.
- Work with internal Product Management and Engineering teams to define the product road-map based on interactions with customers
- Collaborate with Marketing to guide development of sales materials, lead webinars, and prepare presentations for industry conferences and events.
- Participate in building internal knowledge base of technical and market related knowledge by delivering internal presentations and/or training course development
- Interface with other functional groups, project teams and internal stakeholders to effectively work toward the goal of jointly exceeding assigned quotas.
- Provide regular updates to management, operations and support staff concerning account issues and financial status.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales role, working with an enterprise software or data product and/or significant technical experience in transportation planning, transportation engineering, or geographic information systems preferred.
- BS / MS in Mathematics, Science, an Engineering discipline or similarly technical field.
- Strong data analysis skills, knowing what can / cannot be possible, designing solutions for customers, and ability to visualize data in the best way possible.
- SQL (PostgreSQL preferred) and relational databases experience.
- Geo-spatial skills and experience using ArcGIS, QGIS, or PostGIS, etc.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Excellent communication skills - written, visual (presentations), and verbal.
- Comfortable presenting to senior executive management, large audiences, and technical practitioners.
- Past experience selling into data science or analytics teams a plus.
- Multi-tasking, critical thinking skills, and the ability to influence and manage multiple priorities are essential. This role epitomizes the phrase “multiple hats” and the ability to manage time independently and effectively is crucial.
- Team-oriented, flexible, and able to step back and see the “big picture” - because our entire team must meet our goals for StreetLight Data to be successful.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 50% as needed to achieve objectives.